Mary Luciani Obituary
In Loving Memory of

Mary Martha Luciani (née Chiasson)

1951 ~ 2024

Obituary of Mary Martha Luciani (née Chiasson)

With heavy hearts we announce the peaceful passing of Mary Martha Luciani (née Chiasson) on Tuesday, January 9, 2024, in the comfort of her home, surrounded by the love of her family at the age of 72. She has been reunited with her parents Joseph (Bert) and Margaret (Dolly) Chiasson (née Goddard). She leaves behind her devoted husband of 53 years Silvano Luciani, her loving children Steven Luciani and Tanya Harris (Sarah), her cherished grandchildren Ryan (Tori), Max, Brianna, Nicole and Colby, her dear siblings Margaret (Jim), June (Jake), Joan (Brian) and Bobby and her sister-in-law Ivana Luciani. Mary will be terribly missed by her many nieces, nephews and cousins as well as her closest friends Sue and Lea.

Mary really enjoyed spending time with her family. She never missed an opportunity to share her love of cooking having everyone together to enjoy her roasts and lasagne, peanut butter cookies, dream squares, and her famous cheesecake. Mary always shared her time volunteering at both her children and grand-children's schools and cherished her many shopping trips with friends. Her warmth and dedication will forever be remembered by the lives of those she touched. Her family would like to send their sincere thanks to the palliative team at St. Elizabeth Health Care.

In keeping with her wishes, cremation has taken place with arrangements entrusted to Essentials Cremation and Burial Services in Niagara Falls. A Celebration of Mary's life is planned for April 27. 2024. Please contact Steven or Tanya for details. In lieu of flowers, please consider a donation in Mary's honour to St. Elizabeth Health Care.

Service Information

There are no upcoming public services scheduled or the service has occurred in the past.

Write a Condolence

You can post a condolence to the family below (up to 200 words). To add a photo, click on the camera icon. If you plan on making a donation, please notify the family by posting your intent in a condolence.

7 Condolences
Inline Feedbacks
Stella Parisien
1 month ago

Ron, Ryan and I send our deepest condolences to you Silvano, Steven, Tanya and the grandchildren. I have fond memories of the visits we shared together with Mary.

In loving memory ...
I/we pledge to make a memorial donation.
Cindy Kenney
1 month ago

So sorry for your loss.

Catherine Porter
1 month ago

Much love to Tanya, Sil, Max, Colby and all the family at this very difficult time.
I will keep you all in my thoughts.

Tony and Charekleia Zambakkides
1 month ago

Charekleia myself, and my extended family,Mike,,Kelly and Leo, like to convey our sincere sympathy to our friend Silvano as well as Stephen, Tanya and family, as we share your grief over your loss.Our thoughts will be always with you.

Kristen Smith
1 month ago

Dear Tanya, Max, Colby, Sil and Family,

I am so sorry for your loss. I know how proud Mary was of her family. Keeping you all in my thoughts during this difficult time.

Cindy Coco
1 month ago

I’m so sorry to hear of “Aunt” Mary’s passing. My thoughts & prayers are with Silvano, Steven & Tanya & their family & friends during this very difficult time. We had so many great times together & will always remember that laugh! Mary you will be deeply missed today, tomorrow & always. Love ya❤️

Karen and Gary Triano
1 month ago

Our condolences for the loss of Mary. She will be truly missed by all who knew her and we will remember her fondly.

In loving memory ...
I/we pledge to make a memorial donation.

Donations

The family of Mary Martha Luciani (née Chiasson) would like you to consider placing a donation to one of the following charities:

St. Elizabeth Health Care
Visit Site

Note:  If you plan on making a donation, please notify the family by posting a condolence.

Send Your Love

32 people have sent their love.

Click on the heart to send a gesture of love to the family. While clicking on the heart is done anonymously, if you write a message under the condolence tab, the family will be aware you have clicked the heart.