Cropped and resized
In Loving Memory of

Gordon Frederick Sisley “Gord”

1942-2022

Obituary of Gordon Frederick Sisley “Gord”

After a brief illness, Gord passed away peacefully at the Welland Hospital with his loving daughters by his side, on Saturday, November 26, 2022 at the age of 79. Beloved father of Audra (Dave), Deanna (John) and Jamie (Missy). Adored GG and Grandpa of Jacob, Alicia, Hannah, Paige and Grace. Dear brother of Jim (the late Adeline), Jean (the late Jake), Anita (Bob) and will be deeply missed by many nieces and nephews, and by his long-time best friend RJ. Gord has been reunited with his wife Shirley, his parents Marie and Bert, his granddaughter Denia Marie, and his Che-Che Beans.

A special thank you to his dialysis team at the Queen Street location in Niagara Falls for all their years of care and to the fantastic staff of the Wilcott Wing at the Welland Hospital for their excellent care and support in dad’s last days. As per Gord’s wishes, cremation has taken place and arrangements are entrusted with Essentials Cremation and Burial Services. A private family gathering and celebration of Gord’s life will take place at a later date. Memorial donations may be given to the Niagara SPCA and Humane Society. Online condolences may be shared on Gord’s tribute page found at EssentialsNiagara.com.

Service Information

There are no upcoming public services scheduled or the service has occurred in the past.

Write a Condolence

You can post a condolence to the family below (up to 200 words). To add a photo, click on the camera icon. If you plan on making a donation, please notify the family by posting your intent in a condolence.

7 Condolences
Inline Feedbacks
Shelley Coletti
6 months ago

This is sad. I didn’t have any social media until recently. I saw that Gordie’s BFF passed on and asked my mom about Gordie. When she told I was in shock. I’m so very sad. I grew up beside him and She She. I loved them both so much. They were such a great couple. He missed her terribly and now he is with her and RJ is with him. Moving away, I lost contact with many people. I don’t know how I missed Gordie passing ? To his girls, he loved you so much. I have nothing but beautiful memories of him. He was such a wonderful human. Please accept my heart felt condolences even though it’s rather late. God Bless you my buddy. Love Shelley Jenkins Coletti

Chris Scott
1 year ago

I am sorry to hear of Gord’s passing. I worked with Gord in Hamilton for many years. Early in the morning while we were in the driver’s room before heading out for the day Gord was always making us laugh and putting us into a good mood. Really appreciated him. My condolences to all the family members and friends.

Debbie Willick
1 year ago

I was saddened to learn of Gords passing. He was always laughing & having fun. Im sure he & Shirley are enjoying a bubbly right now! I got to catch up with Gord at Ynots this summer. Had a great chat & a couple of pops. No more pain for my friend. RIP Gordo ❤️

Barbara Ries
1 year ago

To Anita, Nadine & the Sisley Family
Sorry to learn of Gord’s passing. Please accept my condolences.

Last edited 1 year ago by Barbara Ries
Pam Jan
1 year ago

Dear Deanna, So sorry for your loss.
Thinking of you.
Pam Janvary Gillespie.

Gary Boyd
1 year ago

Jim, I’m sorry to hear about the passing of Gord. I have not seen either of you in a number of years. It was usually at Clancy’s that I ran into he and Shirley and that was a long time ago. He was a fun character and usually had a story to tell. Again ,my condolences.

Jamie and Missy.
1 year ago

Gramps you will be deeply missed.Hope you and she she are having a cocktails together.Many great memories of you.We loved you lots.Rest in peace Gramps.Love you.

Donations

The family of Gordon Frederick Sisley “Gord” would like you to consider placing a donation to one of the following charities:

Niagara SPCA and Humane Society
Visit Site

Note:  If you make a donation, please notify the family by posting a condolence.

Send Your Love

24 people have sent their love.

Click on the heart to send a gesture of love to the family. While clicking on the heart is done anonymously, if you write a message under the condolence tab, the family will be aware you have clicked the heart.