Gerald “Jerry” Jackson Obituary
In Loving Memory of

Gerald "Jerry" Jackson

1949 ~ 2023

Obituary of Gerald "Jerry" Jackson

It is with deep sadness that we announce the peaceful passing of Gerald (Jerry) Jackson at the age of 74. Loving partner and soulmate for 39 years to Karen Iseppon; a devoted son to the late Floyd and Royetta; dear brother of Roger "Busher" and the late Randy; cherished uncle of Randi Shapiro (Chesley) and Little C.J. He will be sadly missed by his fur babies Koalie and Harmony affectionately known as "Kitty Kat Kitler".
Jerry worked by his father’s side for over 30 years, owning the distributing rights of Dream Walking Nylons and Beau Craft Greeting cards throughout Southern Ontario. Jerry studied Speech and Drama under the esteemed Sandra Cannon with The Royal Conservatory of Toronto where he excelled and received several awards. He would later return to college to take a course in digital photography, becoming the top of his class.

Always seeking a new adventure, Jerry spent the better part of a year filming YouTube videos of Niagara Falls' attractions where he had a natural knack of narrating, amassing thousands of views. He will be most fondly remembered for his incredible musical talent, performing gigs for decades throughout Ontario, Boston and Miami.

A day didn’t go by where he didn’t practise his beloved guitar or belt out a honky-tonk tune on his harmonica. And if not strumming, Jerry could always be found with a pen in hand to write out his countless lyrics, many of which he incorporated into his original compositions, recording several in the studio. A published poet, Jerry was never lost for words.
His off-the-cuff humour, clever wit and charm will be greatly missed by his fellow musicians, cousins and too many friends to count.

Upon Jerry’s wish, cremation has taken place. Arrangements have been entrusted to Essentials Cremation and Burial Services in Niagara Falls. A celebration of Jerry's life will be announced shortly.
If desired, donations in his memory can be made to Toronto Sick Kids or the Greater Niagara Humane Society would be greatly appreciated as these were close to Jerry’s heart.
Jerry would always sign a greeting card or message with the words, “ROCK ON”.

So, Rock On, Jerry! Entertain the Heavens. We will miss you.

Service Information

There are no upcoming public services scheduled or the service has occurred in the past.

Write a Condolence

You can post a condolence to the family below (up to 200 words). To add a photo, click on the camera icon. If you plan on making a donation, please notify the family by posting your intent in a condolence.

26 Condolences
Inline Feedbacks
Alex Rauccio
7 days ago

To Roger and family I m sending my belated condolences on the passing of Jerry. I,m will always remember the great times I had hanging out with Jerry and B C when I was a kid especially when we to the Eric Clapton Concert Condolences and Sympathy to Jackson family Sincerely Sanfy Rauccio AKA Rockin Roddio

Robin Marin
1 month ago

I will miss our traditional Sunday nights together! My Deepest Condolences to Karen, Roger and Randi. I made a donation to the Beloved animals at the Humane Society.

In loving memory ...
I/we pledge to make a memorial donation.
Sean Traynor
1 month ago

I am so sorry for your loss. Rock on my friend!!!!

Kelly Ball
1 month ago

Jerry had amazing energy. He made everyone feel like they were the most important person in the world. I don’t know if anyone else that had a live band in their living room and so many friends. Rock On Jerry xoxo

Gerry Morse
1 month ago

Atlee street in 63 to Robbins grocery store to the warriners garage gang to Back Alley to Chippewa and beyond, my friend, a mentor and one of my heros the one and only JJ Jackson. Wrote a song together “come now my love”would go on stage once in awhile to sing it with him and he would always unplug my guitar,, guess he was trying to tell me something. He had a line in a song he wrote that I always liked “dogs run free, why can’t we?” Your free now Jj go run with those dogs. My hearts aching. Condolences to the family and friends

Nicky Bruzzese
1 month ago

I was shocked to see this article we take for granted that people we know will be here for ever. I knew Jay all my life everytime he played at our club, him and I would have a few good laughs always friendly and a gentleman sorry for your loss to Karen, Roger & the Jackson family.

Al McAninch
1 month ago

Very sorry to hear this sad news

Joanne Mccracken
1 month ago

I am so sorry to hear of Jerry’s passing. My heart and prayers are with you Karen.

Mary Jane & Bob Jarvis
1 month ago

Sending our love and prayers to you Karen and all family and share our deepest condolences. Jerry will be missed and forever remembered. He was a wonderful person and will fill the heavens with his beautiful love for music … Rock on forever Jerry 💔

Robin Lee Stewart
1 month ago

Niagara won’t be the same without you Gerry…

In loving memory ...
I/we pledge to make a memorial donation.
Barb (nee Cobourne) and Randy Fretz
1 month ago

We send our condolences and deepest sympathy to Karen and all of the Jackson Family! He will be deeply missed

Linda Colbourne
1 month ago

I’d like to offer my most sincere condolences to Karen, Roger & family. I am so saddened for the loss of my very dear friend and my inspiration to carry on my music. Jerry and I played together as a duo for a few years, we still stayed in touch over the years and we got together not long ago and played for a private party and it was just like old times doing our Bob Dylan tunes together, he was a great musician and I feel honoured to be a part of his life.
I will hold his memory and his music close to my heart forever.
Rock on Jay🎸❤

William DeRoche
2 months ago

Sorry for ur loss Karen, many memories of Great time’s with the both of you, Love and Respect always from British Columbia, Canada 🇨🇦

Carl
2 months ago

Roger I’m so sorry buddy.

Debbie Willick
2 months ago

What a great picture! It’s exactly how I remember him when he played at the Chippawa House. So sorry. RIP ♥️

Mike Burnett
2 months ago

We were so sorry to hear about Jerry.
A great guy, a super talented entertainer.
We were both very lucky to call him friend.
Mike & Joan
Burnett

Rose Stewart

So Very for your Sad Loss sending Love and Hugs to your Family 💔

Barry Waters

Roger sorry for loss

Colleen keighan taddeo
2 months ago

Dear Roger. Our sincere condolences on the passing of Jerry. I remember years back listening to his many gigs in different bars…alot @ The Riverside in Chippawa. He loved entertaining, had a great sense of humor & so musically inclined…loving that 🎸 🎸. May he rest in ✌️ ☮️

Karen Askew
2 months ago

Karen. I was so sad to hear of Jerry’s passing. Undoubtedly Jerry and Roger are rocking down the house presently! Please know our thoughts, prays and hugs are with you.

Tammy Lemire
2 months ago

So sorry to hear of Jerry’s passing. Say hello to dad and Uncle Larry for us. Great guy and amazing musician.

Tammy, and the Petrie Family

Mika and Richard
2 months ago

We are so sorry for your loss
Please know are thoughts and prayers are with you

Christine Schertzing
2 months ago

I am so sorry for your loss. Jerry is now singing with the angels and pain free.

In loving memory ...
I/we pledge to make a memorial donation.
Sal Piccirillo
2 months ago

Jerry was an inspiration to me as far back as 1969, He will be greatly missed . Rock the place brother🎼🎶🎵🎸🍁✌️

Jane Ashby
2 months ago

Karen I’m so very sorry for your loss. Please know my thoughts and prayers are with you.

Jody Langford
2 months ago

Karen, what a Loss for you. I was so saddened to hear. It has been a heartbreaking few years for you and my thoughts and prayers are with you.💔

Donations

The family of Gerald "Jerry" Jackson would like you to consider placing a donation to one of the following charities:

Toronto Sick Kids
Visit Site

Greater Niagara Humane Society
Visit Site

Note:  If you make a donation, please notify the family by posting a condolence.

Send Your Love

59 people have sent their love.

Click on the heart to send a gesture of love to the family. While clicking on the heart is done anonymously, if you write a message under the condolence tab, the family will be aware you have clicked the heart.