Frank-Agostino-Obituary
In Loving Memory of

Francesco (Frank) Agostino

1961 - 2022

Obituary of Francesco (Frank) Agostino

Passed away peacefully, surrounded by his loving family on December 3, 2022 at the age of 61. Beloved and best father to Michael (Rachel) and Shannon, and amazing friend to their mother Pamela. Much loved brother to Dominic (Celine), Sam (Diane), and Marina (Rob) Repovs. Cherished uncle of his niece Alexandra and nephews Emmanuel, Jason, and Adam. Treasured cousin to Teresa (Nick), Dominic (Lynn), Sam (Vicky), and Joe (Mimi). Frank also has many extended family members in Italy and Australia who care about him very much. Frank is now reunited with his late parents, Saverio and Immacolata (Emma).

Frank was born in Turin, Italy in 1961, immigrating to Canada with his family in 1965. He worked in sales for 35 years for Avnet Technology Solutions, a job in which he took great pride. Those that knew Frank could attest to the fact that he was a genuine, great man. He was funny, kind, generous, intelligent, and loving. He was also a wonderful cook, whether he was making pasta, pizza, or firing up the barbecue. Frank also enjoyed hunting, fishing, and playing golf. He loved his sports, especially watching football (Go Bills!), baseball (Go Jays!), golf, and hockey (Go Leafs!). Frank was also known for his great sense of humour and how he loved to make his children laugh. Above all else, Frank will be remembered as being the absolute best dad to Michael and Shannon. He loved his family more than anything, and always made sure everyone around him was well taken care of. He will be greatly missed by his family, friends, and coworkers.

A special thanks to Kim and Brian, who saved Frank’s life in 2015 and gave his children and family 7 extra years with him. We ask that you please consider registering as an organ donor online at BeADonor.ca. Today in Ontario there are 1400 people waiting for a lifesaving organ transplant, and by becoming a donor you could one day save up to 8 lives and improve 75 more. In keeping with Frank's wishes, cremation has taken place. If desired, memorial donations may be made to SickKids. A Celebration of Frank's life will be held on January 14th at Casa Dante Lodge, 34 Lincoln Street, Welland. Open house from 1pm–4pm.

Service Information

A Celebration of Life

Date: January 14, 2023
Start Time: 1:00 pm
End Time: 4:00 pm
Venue: Casa Dante Lodge, 34 Lincoln Street, Welland

Write a Condolence

You can post a condolence to the family below (up to 200 words). To add a photo, click on the camera icon. If you plan on making a donation, please notify the family by posting your intent in a condolence.

19 Condolences
Inline Feedbacks
Jeffrey Jansen
1 year ago

While I never had the pleasure of meeting Frank in person, I will say that I felt closer to him than many of the people that I see every day. That was one of Frank’s gifts. In our interactions, he always made me feel that I was the most important person to him at the moment. His was a life of service, caring, being present, following through, honesty, integrity, and warmth. I wish I had known him better, but I will remember him. My sincere condolences to his family. May you have many great memories to soothe your sorrow.

Jaime troncoso
1 year ago

My condolences to all the family. Frank was a very special person to me, just like brother and family, I’m going to miss him.

Glenna P - HPE
1 year ago

Frank was an amazing man and so vested in everything he did, committed to the work, the people, the team and customers. Over and above all the time. My condolences to the family at this time of loss. May great memories soon replace the sorrow you feel now.

Vincenzo

Condoglianze

In loving memory ...
I/we pledge to make a memorial donation.
Rico Belvedere
1 year ago

My condolences to the Agostino family. So sorry the hear of Frank’s passing. He was a friend from the old West main street neighbourhood. May he rest in peace.

jerry mastroianni
1 year ago

So sorry to hear about frank all the old staff at volcano loved working with him. Always happy, never complained, just a great guy to be around, were going to miss him. Thanx for the memories god bless.

Dave Camposarcone
1 year ago

My dear friend, Frankie…we met and grew up together at Volcano Pizzeria and then Frankie and I worked alongside each other all these years at Avnet since 1989. Frank had the biggest heart and the most infectious laugh…almost every work conversation I had with Frank ended with, “Davy, remember that time at Volcano’s when…” Honestly, we would literally be in tears laughing so hard about the good times we shared back then. Oh what I would give to hear one more story, Frankie…just so I could hear you laugh. I will miss you so much but I know that you’re in my heart coz when I think of you, I think of all the laughs we shared…and that brings a smile to my face.
Shannon and Michael – you already know this – Frank thought the world of you both and was SO VERY PROUD of you. Keep making him proud – I know you will!
Pam, Marina, Sam and Dominic – my condolences to you all…Heaven has gained another beautiful soul.

I love you, Frankie.
Rest easy, my dear friend.

Last edited 1 year ago by Dave Camposarcone
Michele Bates
1 year ago

Sharing in your sadness and remembering the great person that Frank was. He was such a hard worker and dedicated employee, and he was a pleasure to have on our Team – I wish I had a hundred Franks. I am praying you are all surrounded by love and taking comfort in his wonderful memory. Franks spirit will always be remembered. Blessings

Jessie Willard
1 year ago

I’m very saddened to hear of Frank’s passing. I worked with him many years ago at Avnet and always remember that he had a great wit and kind heart. His love for his family and especially his children could be heard in how often he spoke of them. You will be missed by many. RIP Frank.

Nick, Barbara, Andrea and Chris Hominuk
1 year ago

Our deepest condolences on the loss of a wonderful man! Frank has been our neighbour for almost 40 years. What an amazing neighbour. Always willing to lend a helping hand. He was our computer and cable remote fixer upper. His smile and generosity will be missed for a long time to come!! Rest easy Frank!!

Indra & Ken (Jessica Repovs’s parents)
1 year ago

We are sorry to hear of the passing of Frank Agostino. Our hearts go out to you in your time of sorrow. Please accept our condolences.

We will make a donation to Sick Kids in Frank’s memory.

In loving memory ...
I/we pledge to make a memorial donation.
Corey C - Hewlett Packard Enterprise & Aruba
1 year ago

My deepest condolences to the Agostino family, very sorry for your loss. I have worked with Frank on and off for many years now during his time at Avnet, I can say whole heartedly that he was very much a professional and loved his customers. Frank would always go above and beyond whenever needed. His customers also loved him and working with him was a pleasure. You will be missed my friend…. rest in peace

Nathalie H - Calgary AB
1 year ago

To the Agostino Family, I have worked with Frank over the years as he was my guru when it came to high end server configurations. I only met him once when I lived in Ontario for a short time working for another reseller. I have to say he was a pleasure to work with, very knowledgeable in his field and I learned so much from him as a college and friend. I was saddened to learn of his passing this past week. He was a unique and will be terribly missed by our industry!! Sleep well Frankie!

Ron & Tina Furry
1 year ago

To the Agostino family. We are so sorry for your loss. We are neighbours down the street on Springhead Gardens. Your father, brother etc was a nice person. Our thoughts and prayers are with you at this sad time. Cherish the memories

Lily Farronato Lomoro
1 year ago

I am so sorry to hear about Frank’s passing. He was a great guy. I met him thru my brother in law Marty and best friend Jessie, both who worked at Avnet with Frank. My sincerest condolences to his family!

Molly Z
1 year ago

Our deepest condolences to his family; we have had Frank as part of our work family with Avnet he was like a brother. He cared for everyone to no avail, his sense of humour and kindness was unique; his passion to support his coworkers and customers. He will be forever in our hearts and prayers. We are deeply saddened to have lost such a wonderful person, and we will always be reminded by his generosity and friendship.

Andrew Beck
1 year ago

I had the honor of working with Frank for the past 20+ years’ time and he was one of the most reliable and conscientious individuals I have ever met, professionally and personally. Frank was always readily available (likely to a fault) to support our endeavors and it was an absolute pleasure to do business with him, thus forming a lasting friendship. To that end, Frank, Dave Camposarcone and I formed a pact of sorts to one day meet at Volcano Pizzeria for a heartburn surprise, and while he might not be there to fight over the bill, he will absolutely be there in fantastic spirit.

In loving memory ...
I/we pledge to make a memorial donation.
Gloria Digout
1 year ago

I didn’t personally know Frank but I have worked with his sister Marina for a number of years.
She always spoke of him with great love, admiration, pride,respect, and awe.
He will be greatly missed.
My most heartfelt sympathy to the entire family

Stacey Williams
1 year ago

When I think of Frank first thing that comes to my mind is his smile, laughter and kindness. His generosity was limitless. If u needed anything, all u had to do was ask. His sense of humour also had a strong presence! The big joke was when I went to the door he would open it an inch, just an inch lol! I’d always start off my phone calls with “ yes, I’d like to place an order for 1000 mouse pads please” lol. He would just call me crazy lol! He was my brother in law, an awesome one at that 😊 I work at the hospital so I was lucky enough to visit with Frank a few times in the last little bit. I’m so happy I did. He was always in good spirits when I saw him. He was an awesome person, an awesome father. his kids always came first. I will miss him terribly. My heart breaks as I write this. As part of my family we had great times, leaving beautiful memories. I’ll cherish those.

In loving memory ...
I/we pledge to make a memorial donation.

Donations

The family of Francesco (Frank) Agostino would like you to consider placing a donation to one of the following charities:

SickKids
Visit Site

Note:  If you make a donation, please notify the family by posting a condolence.

Send Your Love

112 people have sent their love.

Click on the heart to send a gesture of love to the family. While clicking on the heart is done anonymously, if you write a message under the condolence tab, the family will be aware you have clicked the heart.